OT Security Penetration Tester
Founded in 2012, Applied Risk is a well-recognised and respected leader in the Operational Technology (OT) Security space. We have managed to successfully grow the company to over 25 people today, with clients spread across 4 continents: Europe, US, APAC and the Middle East. We are considered a key Cybersecurity player within the Operational Technology industry. We’re helping businesses to protect assets and reduce security risk, providing organisations ranging from Fortune 500 enterprises to small-to-medium sized companies with the services and solutions they need to transform the way they procure, build, integrate and manage their critical infrastructures.
Our key mission is to help our clients to mitigate and defend against cyber threats. Our culture is based on the values of work ethic, keeping promises, safety, curiosity and collaboration. We built a vibrant company culture we believe everyone wants to work in. We trust our employees and empower them to do great things and use good judgement to make decisions on behalf of Applied Risk and for our clients.
As we are planning to double in size in the coming year due to our healthy expansion plans and the huge increase of our client base, we’re currently growing our OT Security capability globally. In the light of this, we’re urgently looking for an OT Security Penetration Tester, to be based at our HQ in Amsterdam. The OT Security Penetration Tester will support our OT Security practice by applying security threat intelligence to identify and exploit vulnerabilities within our client’s critical infrastructures and environments. The focus areas for this role primarily on one or more of the following topics: ICS/SCADA network, industrial wireless, component testing, web application, Secure Development Lifecycle (SDLC), physical security, and social engineering.
In this role you will be responsible for one or more of the following activities:
- Perform proactive research to identify and understand new threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits
- Produce and deliver vulnerability and exploit information to clients in the form of briefings and reports
- Participate in sales calls with prospects to determine the project scope
- Recommend and implement improvements to our processes and methodologies
- Interface with our high-profile clients
- Act as lead for the red/purple team engagements
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in leading professional penetration, application testing and red/purple team engagements
- Strong technical communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to explain technical security concepts to executive stakeholders in business language
- Ability to conduct and support pre-sales related activities
- Ability to manage engagements, you support the delivery, provide direction for other team members, and manage aspects of the project
- Significant public security presentation experience
- Fluent language skills in English and preferably in Dutch
What we offer:
- A competitive compensation
- The chance to work with the best cybersecurity people in the world
- Work on International assignments
- Learning and development opportunities, attending conferences, events etc.
- Be part of a diverse and vibrant international environment
- Our “thirsty Thursdays” as social activity including movies, pizza, drinks, bar visits
- “Quarterly” team events
- Experience with security tools such as – Nmap, Metasploit, Kali Linux, Burp Suite Pro, etc., as well other various commercial and self-developed testing tools
- Experience with scripting languages such as python, ruby, POSIX shell, as well as familiarity with programming languages such as: C/C++/ObjC/C#, Java, PHP, or .NET
- Experience with WLAN security concepts and testing
- OSCP/OSCE or GIAC GPEN, GWAPT, GXPN or similar preferred
- Significant plusses for one or more of the following: experience in social engineering, hardware security, experience with disassembly and debugging tools, exploit development, runtime malware analysis, testing embedded platforms and hardware security, OT testing experience, and cryptography or cryptanalysis
Applied Risk works with clients that are related to critical infrastructure. A qualified candidate must be able to pass a screening background check.